Coconut oil, also known as the “tree of life” has a great number of useful properties - antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, powerful antioxidant etc. It has many more uses (of course) and must have it at home, especially - cold pressed and organic.
Make your dream skin ...
1.You can reduce the appearance of age spots, wrinkles and varicose veins, as rubbing daily coconut oil over the affected areas. Coconut oil is similar in composition to the oils inside your skin and stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
2. Use coconut oil before and after shave, and you’ll reduce irritation and redness of the skin.
3. Mix coconut oil with an equal amount of sugar or fine sea salt, and get a great mixture for rubbing out the whole body. Add some essential oils (peppermint or rose) to create your own favorite flavor.
4. Smear your body with coconut oil, immediately after a shower, to achieve incredible softness. Apply it over dry areas, such as elbows and feet.
5. Remove makeup with a cotton swab, soaked in coconut oil. Your face will feel fresh and clean.
6. Coconut oil is absorbed into the deepest layers of the skin, without clogging pores. It is the perfect moisturizer, that heals injuries and prevents the effects of psoriasis, eczema and acne.
7. Coconut oil helps reducing the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Apply gently around the eyes, before sleep.
8. Applying a layer of coconut oil on the strong chapped lips, relieves dryness and accelerates healing. If applied daily over lips, coconut oil makes them elastic and protects from the sun!
9. Insect bites, fresh tattoos and other superficial skin lesions are healed faster with coconut oil. Coconut oil applied on damaged areas of the skin, protects it from bacteria, while stimulating the growth of new skin and rapid healing. It has great flavor and is safe for people of any age and with any type of skin.
10. If you are sunbathing, use coconut oil instead of other products for getting tan. It keeps skin moisture and protects it from damage. Sun is helpful and stimulates the production of vitamin D - but do not overdo sun exposure.
Make a hairstyle for free!
11. Rub coconut oil into hair and scalp, before washing your head with shampoo, it protects it from drying.
12. Give shape to your hair through this natural balsam without washing. Apply a small amount, first on the edges, gently spread the remaining amount throughout the hair and form your dream hairstyle. Coconut oil helps to prevent tangling of hair and keep your hair silky.
13. If your hair is damaged, coarse, curly or hard to comb, apply great amounts of coconut oil over you scalp, put a shower hat on top and sleep overnight.
14. Coconut oil stimulates the growth of cells and if rub it three times a day, it may help stop hair loss.
15. If your family is affected by lice - use natural methods to remove them. Soak your hair with coconut oil and wrap it with plastic shower hat. Allow at least an hour, then rinse with vinegar and your hair will be clean and nourished, and lice - eliminated! Coconut oil is cheaper, safer, it smells nice and really works.
'Personal' care for women
16. Although coconut oil is not compatible with latex, it is an excellent natural lubricant. Women in menopause or after menopause can use coconut oil to relieve dryness of the vagina, without harm vaginal flora- a common problem in the use of lubricants sold without a prescription.
17. If you are pregnant or have recently given birth, anoint your belly with coconut oil, every night to prevent and treat stretch marks.
18. If you are breastfeeding, use coconut oil instead of ointment withvitamin D. It is more effective and safe for the infant. It is probably more tasty! Also, eating three tablespoons of coconut oil per day – it is proven to increase your milk.
Safe for newborns
19. If you use strong cream regularly - try coconut oil, then baby's skin is protected without any chemicals.
20. Rub a little coconut oil on the scalp of the baby to cure and prevent the formation of scabs. Coconut oil is an excellent lotion for infants and contains no additives.
More uses of coconut oil
21. 'Polishing' of wooden bowls, wooden boards and other utensils for cooking in cast iron or ceramic.
22. Make your own 100% non-toxic insect repellent by mixing coconut oil extract and peppermint oil. This interesting homemade repellent is cheaper, safer and smells better than those bought from drug - stores.
23. Coconut oil is more useful when cooking on high heat, and it is far more nutritious.
24. Coconut oil is safe for pets. Apply it externally for fresh breath, shiny hair and prevention of diseases of the joints. Put it directly to irritated skin for natural relief. Pets, that take coconut oil internally, are also more energetic. Talk to your vet about the right doses, but golden rule is ¼ teaspoon per five kg weight.
25. Mix coconut oil with baking soda for whiter teeth, healthier gums and fresh breath!